MUA Pro Base Review

Hi my lovely readers!
Hope you're all well, today I have a review you!
They are 2 products from MUA and they are both from the Pro Base range. The first one is the Fixing Mist and the second is the Primer



I'm going to start off with the Fixing Mist. I'm not happy at all. I spent £5 on this fixing mist and it doesn't work for me. 
I have oily skin so I thought picking up a fixing mist would help keep my make up in place longer than it does with just my powder.
It says it's supposed to hold your make up in place for 8 hours, in my case, my make up was sliding off my face by the 4th hour. This made me so angry the 2nd time I used it. The first time, I thought it may have been my moisturiser or primer that was affecting the way it works but no.
It even says 'apply your make up like usual' so I don't understand why what I'm wearing on my face would affect it's job.
Not only did it not hold my make up in place, it made my face look blotchy, grey and like I had no make up on.
I've tried it about 4 times and it's always been the same result. I'm not happy MUA. I'm willing to give it another go but not in the near future.
However, with it being an appalling fixing mist for my whole face, I do spray it onto my eye brushes to make my eyeshadows more pigmented and it works quite well in that sense.



Now onto a happy note, the Primer. My sister bought me this for Christmas and I've been using it ever since. I apply moisturiser and then the primer 5 mins later, I apply it mainly on my eyelids, T-Zone and cheeks, basically my oily spots. If my face is feeling oily all over, I apply it generously all over.
I then apply my make up normally.
My make up sits so much better on my face, the primer gives my skin that velvety smooth feeling which is the perfect canvas for any base product.
My make up doesn't slide as quickly as it usually does, probably keeping it in place for about 2 hours extra without applying powder. I think it was around £4 but I'm not sure as it was a a gift, it's a great product and definitely would repurchase it.

Overall, I think MUA do great products but the Fixing Mist was a real let down and I'm really disappointed that it didn't work for me. I really want to give it another go but I'm just not confident to use a product I know will mess up my make up. Maybe I'll test it again at home. I'll let you know how I get on but for now, I won't be recommending it to anyone. Let me know if you've tried it and what you're experience was like!
The Primer is a great product and is definitely something I'd recommend to you all. I use it on a daily basis and there isn't a day that make up doesn't sit nice when I'm wearing it.

If you've tried any of these products, I'd love to know how you got on,
thanks for reading!
Jesslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...