Happy New Year! | New Year's Resolutions



Happy New Year!

Yes, I know, I'm late but better late than never! I can't believe how quickly 2013 went, I can't believe that in a week or so, my uni application needs to be done and that in a month's time, I'll have my first interview at London College of Fashion.
The year went too fast but I'm happy that it's got to the point in my life where no one needs to dictate what I have to do with it.
The past of couple of days have been full of course work, portfolio and samples which is the main reason why I haven't blogged, I've been working so hard and I really want to be confident that the work I take for interviews is up to scratch. I hate major changes and the thought of uni scares me sometimes but I'm so excited to be studying just one subject I'm passionate about.

2014 is such a busy year for me, when I think about all the things I have to do for each month it makes me so tired! 
From worrying about uni to waiting for student finance to open, there's so much going on and there's no structure which makes me stressed and not want to do anything.
On the other hand, there's been quite a few amazing plans for this year, I've been invited to a few blogger events which is very exciting as I haven't been to any before so I'm really looking forward to those. 
Also, I'm super excited to start my final collection in the Spring term, I can't to show everyone what I'm made of!

It isn't a new year without new year's resolution so here are mine:

Get organised.
I know everyone's saying they need to get organised but I really, really do.
I think a planner is a great thing for me to have as I'm so rubbish at organising and planning.
Especially with so many things coming up this year, I definitely need to get organised!

Get my license.
I know I'm only 17 but I want my license by the time I'm 18 (summer time!) I've always been motivated to get my license, I've been saying I want to get it since I was able to (16 and 9 months to be exact) and now I'm making it my mission to get it. Currently saving up for driving lessons.

Improve my blog photography.
I can admit I'm pretty lazy when it comes to blog photography and I really want my photos to look good on my blog. I want to make more effort with my OOTD photos especially, it's hard during the winter because the weather always messes up but I really want to up my game this year.

Work out at least twice a week.
This is going to be a challenge and a half, I'm so bad at sticking to my workout routine, I start off great for 2-3 weeks and then I give up and then start again!
I guess I give up quite quickly because I know I have a fast metabolism but that's no excuse, I want to tone up and be in good shape.

Sort out my blogging schedule.
Right now I don't have a blogging schedule, I just blog whenever and put up a post whenever.
I really want to get organised with my blog so my posts are consistent.
I think for now my blog pattern will be 2 days of posting and then a day without a post so in total there will be 5 posts a week so I'll make a schedule around that.

Save up!
I'm so crap at saving up but this year I need to cut back on the spending and really start saving up.

Those are my new year's resolutions, I think this year's all about organisation and beating procrastination!
I'm sure this year's going to be a good one, happy 2014 everyone!

Jesslyn x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely resolutions! xx Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2014! Love your resolutions.

    Jasmine xx For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following, I've been following you on bloglovin for a while now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...