The Battle | Felt Tip Eyeliners #bigblogmasproject Day 16



Top MUA | Bottom W7

Hi guys,

Can you believe it? It's 9 days until Christmas, I've only done a quarter of my Christmas shopping, I need to get cracking, don't I?

Look what we have here, the battle of the felt tip eyeliners!
There was a time when I was on the hunt for the perfect felt tip eyeliner and on my bear hunt, I found MUA's Extreme Felt Eyeliner and W7's Waterproof Automatic Felt Eyeliner Pen! They were both under £3 which is great.

I purchased the W7 one a couple of months before the MUA, I'd been using it on a daily basis, I liked the quality at first but it seemed to be drying out quite quickly which was annoying. I then discovered on the side of the pen that you're supposed to store it with the tip down, Silly me! I started storing it with the tip downwards and I noticed that it was performing better but not as I'd like.
It isn't as black as I'd like and I think this is due to the dryness of it, it also isn't shiny and it looks quite dull.
I have to go over it at least 2-3 to make it as black as I'd want it.

A couple of months later, I purchased the MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner, it was one of MUA's new products so I definitely wanted to test it out.
Again, I made the mistake of storing the eyeliner upwards and then when I discovered that it was drying out, I quickly remembered to start storing it downwards.
I didn't use it for a while just to let it do what it needed to and then I went to use it again 5 days and there was a huge difference.
It's shiny, it glides onto the skin like it's supposed to. It was definitely black, there was no sense of dryness whilst applying my winged liner. I'm so happy I purchased it, definitely great quality for £2!

I think you guys can definitely tell which is the winner.
MUA Extreme Felt Eyeliner!

I wouldn't recommend the W7 Felt Eyeliner Pen, I think it's a waste of money to be honest compared to the MUA Felt Eyeliner. A month and half it lasted before it started drying out which is not good! No es bueno!

The MUA one I'd definitely recommend, it's amazing quality for only £2 (I think w7 was £2.50) and if you don't make the mistake of storing it upwards, it'll last longer and perform better.

Have you tried either of them? What were your experiences, I'd love to know!
Thanks for reading and stay tuned

Jesslyn x


P.S. A huge congratualtions to Nicole who won my 100 follower giveaway! Thank you all for entering and even if you didn't win this one, stick around for more giveaways in the new year! xo

2 comments:

  1. I love the Barry M felt eyeliners too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oo I haven't tried any Barry M make up products xo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...