The Battle | Lipsticks vs Lip Lacquers

Hello everyone, 

A while back, I started a series called 'The Battle' which is basically me comparing 2 items in the same category and coming to a conclusion of what's best. (Click here for the previous post)

Today's battle is lipsticks versus lip lacquers.


I have the Nivea Lipstick in Aubergine and MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Kooky which I'm going to be comparing.


First up is the Nivea Lipstick. I never knew Nivea did lipsticks but I found this little gem at a make up stall inside my local shopping centre. It was around £3 which is a major bargain for such an amazing colour.
When I first wore it, I wore it without a lip liner and it didn't last very long on the lips and I found myself re-applying several times throughout the day which didn't make me happy. The next time I decided that to make this lipstick work, using a lipliner would be a big help so I did and voila! There was a big difference. 
It lasted much longer and only had to re-apply twice, max.


Next is the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Kooky. I love this product, I wear it every now and then and I always get asked where it's from, most are surprised when I say MUA. Not sure why?! I think I paid either £2.50 or £3 for it and it's definitely a bargain. I always make sure I moisturise my lips before wearing because it dries matte and can be quite drying. It last ages, I only ever apply it again once, if that.
It's very pigmented and I love the frosted glass packaging!
The only downside is that sometimes it transfers and other times it doesn't, I don't think it's supposed to which is quite annoying but it isn't anything major.

swatches

In this case, I think the lip lacquer wins this battle. It lasts longer, it's more pigmented and everyone loves a matte lip. The nivea lipstick is a good lipstick however it doesn't last as long as the lip lacquer and I have to apply a lip liner to make it stay on longer!

So what do you guys think a lipstick or a lip lacquer? I'd love to know!

Thanks for reading!
Jesslyn

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea Nivea does lipsticks! I usually find that lacquers are sticky, and when it's windy it is a real battle to keep my hair away from my lips.
    www.anamiblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see a lipstick by Nivea! This lacquer is matte so there's no problem with stickyness and I usually have that problem with lipgloss!

      Thanks for commenting xo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...