1 Week Skin Detox


Everyone has that time where their skin desperately needs a break from all the make up and nasties and that time came last week!

These are the steps and products I use to get my skin looking normal again after a break out or if I feel my skin needs a detox.




Step 1 - Cleansing

Products
La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Foam Gel
Superdrug 2 in 1 Detoxifying Cream Wash & Mask

 First, is to get the all dirties off my face. If I'm wearing make up, I'll use a wipe first to remove the make up, if not I'll just proceed to use my cleansing products.

I have oily skin which is why I change up my face washes. The LRP Foam Gel is great but it does dry out my skin if I use it on a daily basis (or day and night as it recommends) so I use Superdrug's 2 in 1 in between to help balance out my skin. Sometimes I actually use both of them to cleanse which is usually make up days.

It's just what works for me but if your skin can handle the everyday use of the foam gel, definitely feel free to use it.




Step 2 - Tone

Products
L'Oreal Micellar Water
La Roche Posay Effaclar Clarifying Toner

Next up, tone time! I know some use the Micellar water before they cleanse but I prefer to do it after because then I know my skin is completely clean and there's no residue left on my face.

I then use the LRP Clarifying Toner which is supposed to mattify the skin. I don't use this daily because as I'd said before, it dries out my skin but on detox week, it was an daily essential.



Step 3 -  Purify

Products
Superdrug Purifying Face Mask
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil

This is an optional step. I do these steps if I really want to pamper myself  or in the case of a week's detox, I did not skip these steps.
I use the face mask and let it sit for around 20 mins (45mins on lazy days haha) and then I use a flannel to remove it and then I rinse.

I then apply the deep cleansing oil and leave it to sit for 15mins and then I rinse it off. It gives my skin great moisture and stops my skin from peeling from the harshness of the products.



Step 4 - Moisturise

Products
La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo [+]

Lastly, skin needs moisture. I use the LRP moisturiser and have been for a while now and it's been working so well on my skin.
I use it twice a day, once in the morning, whether or not I will be wearing make up and then again in the night, before bed.



So that was my routine for my 1 week skin detox, my face was doing all kinds of crazy due to stress, make up and just day-to-day activities so I really needed it.
I only wore make up once through out this detox, I wish I could do it more often. Once a month is my aim, it's always good to detox and really look after your skin.
I have oily skin, as mentioned before but I also have sensitive skin so anything can cause a break out for me.
I've been using all these products for a while and haven't switched to anything different because it works well on my skin but if anyone has any recommendations for oily/sensitive skin, feel free to share them with me.


Thanks for reading and let me know how you detox!
Jesslyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...