Review | MAC Tinted Lipglass in Lust





Hi everyone,

I hope everyone's having a great weekend, I've been quite busy this week, haven't had a day to rest like I usually do but hey, life isn't fair.
I'm back into my regular gym schedule which I'm super pleased about and uni work is under control so yay, I have more time to focus on my blog and chill!

But anyways, with my weekly make up routine, I stick to a basic look which is quite natural, a flawless base, coral toned blusher and obviously a nude lip.

It took me ages to find the perfect nude lip gloss after Superdrug made it impossible to find MUA's Plumping Lipgloss in Buff because it never seemed to be in stock.
So when on my trip to Berlin, I stopped at the MAC duty free counter (and nearly missed my flight!) to see if I could find a nude lipgloss I could wear daily. I was originally on a hunt for a lipstick but I couldn't make up mind so settled for a lip gloss.

When I first wore it, I didn't expect it to be so light, black girls know the struggle when it  comes to light lip products . . . ash central!
So, to sort it out, I lined my lips with a neutral toned lip liner and a nude lipstick and voila problem solved. Sometimes I don't wear lipstick and just use the liner by itself which gives the same effect, there's just less layers.

One thing I love about this lip gloss is that it's so pigmented and isn't sticky at all. I hate a sticky lip gloss, if I ever put one on, I have to wipe it off straight away.
This lip gloss or 'lip glass' glides onto the lip with the doe foot applicator (also not a fan of a squeezy lip gloss.)
I love doe foot applicators because it helps with putting on the right amount of product without wasting it, unlike a squeezy lip gloss where you can accidently squeeze out too much.

In terms of how long it lasts, I must admit, it doesn't last as long as I would like it to but it does like quite long. It rubs off as soon as you eat/drink, I rub my lips together quite a lot during the days so that probably contributes to it not lasting long. Having a liner on does help keep it on for longer though.

I do like the packaging, I wish the lip glass as a whole was bigger, you pay quite a bit for just a lip gloss so it would've been nice to have more product. Saying that, I've been using it for months now and it hasn't even scratched the surface so it is worth the money in that sense.

Because I got it at duty free, I managed to get it a little cheaper at £12.49 but it's usually £14.50 which is a huge difference but who doesn't love a discount.
I would definitely repurchase it, maybe a different shade of nude, if you're looking for a nude lipgloss I would definitely check out MAC'S Tinted Lipglass range.

 Have you guys tried out any of the MAC's lip glasses, I'd love to know! If you want to see me wearing it, check out my instagram, all my pictures where I'm wearing nude, it is this lip glass.

Hope you guys like the review, thanks for reading,

Jesslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...