Cleaning My Make Up Brushes | FashionSquash's Helping Hand | Beauty Series



Hey everybody!


This is the fifth and last post of the beauty series (click if you missed the 1st post2nd post3rd post, 4th post or explanation post) and because it's the end of the series, I thought a how I clean my make up brushes would be the best way to end it.


Tools

Shampoo (You can use any type of cleaning product, not bleach or something crazy!)
Olive Oil
Towel or Kitchen Towel



1. Put a decent amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand.

2. Rub the brush in a circular motion, the dirt should be coming off into your hand.

3. Rinse off your hand, not brush. Repeat step number 2.

4. Rinse off the brush and your hand.

5. Put a teaspoon amount of olive oil into the palm of your hand and rub the brush in a circular motion until it is covered in the oil.

6. Put a teaspoon amount of shampoo into your hand and rub the brush in a circular motion.

7. Rinse out the brush making sure there's no soap or oil left in the brush.

8. Use a towel or kitchen towel and squeeze out any excess water in the brush.

9. Leave to dry, with the brush end pointing downwards.

10. Or on the edge of table! And now you have a clean and soft brush!

Tips

- Using olive oil makes the brush softer. 

- Letting the brush dry downwards stops the glue, holding the brush together, become weak.

- Wash your brushes regularly as dirty brushes hold bacteria and all the nasty stuff within the brush and you don't want to apply all that crap back onto your face!


There's a million and one ways to wash your brushes but I find this way to be most efficient.
I hope this helps you guys!

4 comments:

  1. such a great post! very helpful

    from helen at thelovecatsinc

    ps. check out my new giveaway to win a Chanel cream blush! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of using Olive Oil on my brushes! I may give it a go later :)

    Em

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make them soft, even though it adds a step, it's worth it! :) xo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...