REVIEW | Make Up Revolution Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer






First review of the year and we're kicking it off with the velvet lip lacquer by Make Up Revolution.
If you've been reading for a while now, you'd notice that I quickly became a fan of Make Up Revolution last year. They are always fast to bring out the 'trendy' products and that's what I love about them.

Now, you guys know I was on the look out for some matte lippies and ended up purchasing the MUA Power Pout Acrylic thinking it would be somewhat matte but it wasn't.
So when I thought I'd try the Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer and it was a real matte lippy, I was super excited.

I wanted something dark, so I went for Black Heart because it sounded the darkest and oh boy, it's dark!

I'll start off with the good bits.
First of all, pigmentation on fleek. It does not lack in colour at all. I apply it with a liner but for the purposes of the review and testing it out, I applied it without. The colour lasts the entire until it starts to come off, it doesn't fade. (I'll explain more in the cons section)
Application is pretty easy, it doesn't drag the lip as you swipe it across, it has a doe-foot applicator too. I think a lip liner is a must for any pigmented lip product as they do bleed which can be very annoying. It also makes it easier to apply if you use a lip liner first. One very important thing to remember whilst applying this is, DO NOT rub your lips together whilst it's drying, it will mess it up and you'll have to reapply from scratch. Yep.
The packaging is nice, not much to say about it to be honest. Didn't excite me too tough but I do like the gold accents on it and the outer packaging is pretty lush for a high street brand.
The price is great, I bought it from Superdrug for £3 which I'd say is very cheap for a product like this. It's currently on sale on the Make Up Revolution site for £1.50 which is even better for any of you guys that want to purchase (or me, who wants to get another one haha)
Lastly, it's very easy to take off, it comes off in flakes so not much rubbing to do, it doesn't stain the lips which is great for a lippy so dark. Just a wipe will do and then commence with your regular skin care routine.


Now, the cons.
I'd start off by saying this, please do moisturise beforehand because it can become quite drying throughout the day. I'm someone that cannot stand dry lips and applying more of the lacquer on top will not help the situation.
Also, one thing I did notice when wearing it was that, it has great staying power when talking, smiling, drinking but as soon as you eat or purse your lips, it comes straight off. Most lip products fade but this one actually just disappears or separates, so if you've pursed your lips together, it will leave your lips bare, without any lacquer.
Quite strange I must say but it could be because of the matte effect. If you think that's something that would bother you, I wouldn't recommend it.

There isn't many bad things to say about it, I still do like it but I don't love, love it. It's a great product if you moisturise well and the staying power is pretty good for a lippy that isn't a stain.
I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade again but maybe a lighter one where the disappearing act isn't so noticeable. For £3 (or £1.50), you can't really complain, this is the first matte lacquer I've tried so I may try another one and compare it.
But for now, I'd still recommend for it's pigmentation and affordability!

What do you guys think? Have you tried the Salvation Velvet Lip Lacquer?
I'd love to know your thoughts on it!

Thanks for reading and take care,
Jesslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...