Have I Fallen Out of Love with Make Up?



This is a bit of different post I guess, judging by the title.
I tweeted a few tweets the other day and I seemed to come to terms that I may have actually fallen out of love with make up.
It's a weird feeling, I'm not saying I hate make up or I don't feel like wearing it anymore, it's more a situation where I haven't been wearing it as regularly as I used to, so it's a bit of chore when I do have to wear it.
Due to uni stress, there was no time for make up, I didn't feel like wearing it and I didn't feel I had to. 
I'm very comfortable in my own skin and I'm very religious when it comes to skin care so wearing make up is not a 'must' for me.

As of late, I've finished uni and I'm literally at the gym or in my house and any other place I have to go doesn't require make up. Don't get me wrong, when a night out pops up or I want to feel pretty whilst shopping or having lunch, I'll definitely whip out the eyebrow pencil and some concealer.

It's a strange feeling.
I don't know if anyone else feels like this or has felt like this. Let me know if you have haha

Which brings me to say that I may reduce the amount of beauty posts on FashionSquash, well in terms of make up looks. I'll definitely do reviews when I purchase new products etc but make up looks will be every now and then.
Skin care will probably take over as I do genuinely love talking about it and I find that it isn't a chore. Please let me know if you think this is a good idea and if you'd actually enjoy seeing more skincare bits on here.

Take care,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I never wore makeup until about two years ago when my hormones killed my face to the point where I felt I needed makeup to cover it up so for like 22-ish years of life I didn't wear anything outside of the occasional mascara and lip gloss because I'm a lip gloss whore! I can understand the stress of classes overwhelming you to the point where makeup is extra time you don't have! :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd still consider myself in love with makeup, even though I don't wear it all the time. Like you, I'm comfortable in my skin, so I don't feel like there's anything I need to cover up. I wear makeup because I genuinely love applying it and creating new looks. So I don't want to rush through it in five minutes. I like to do it when I have enough time to take my time and create something beautiful. That's why I don't often wear it to uni - if it's a choice between looking better and 20 extra minutes of sleep, sleep will always win ;)

    Kelly // Velvet and Vibranium

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...