REVIEW | MUA Power Pout Acrylic


In my previous post of these liquid lipsticks, I mentioned that I was on the hunt for some pigmented, long lasting lip products and I had finally found some.

MUA offer the Power Pout in many shades and I chose to go for two very different shades, a nude and a vampy purple.

First off, I want to say that these liquid lipsticks are not matte, I bought them thinking they were but they are in between a gloss and a matte. More of a lipstick formula.
It's not drying at all, in fact, very moisturising, I prepared myself for any drying effect because I originally thought it was matte.

They have a doe foot applicator which makes the application so much easier especially for lip products so pigmented. The only reason I don't like them is the fact the colour of the product starts to change a little when you apply the product over a liner, which happens with all my lip products with a doe foot. I hate it but that's just me, not the fault of the product and I wouldn't stop using a product because of that.

I love the packaging, it's very MAC-esque, very simple and sophisticated. MUA have always had nice packaging which is always great for an affordable brand.


Unwrapped is a pinky nude shade, I struggled with this one because it was a weird shade for my skin tone. So I tried it with a few lip liners before I settled for a reddish-brown liner that complimented it and my skin.
I'd usually where it on simple make up day, it's very subtle (when I wear it right) and I love its staying power.



Potency is a deep purple shade, very vampy and perfect for A/W! I am also wearing a lip liner that is slightly darker, it doesn't need a liner but it just helps stop the lippie from bleeding out.
Again, lasts very long, I re-apply maybe once, if that, throughout a long day.




So that's my review on MUA's Power Pout Acrylic, I really like them, I've been using them non-stop since I got them because they're easy to apply and they last long. They're only £3.50 a piece so that's super affordable for such a great product. 

If you're looking for a matte lip product, this one isn't for you but I'd still recommend you get at least one for the collection!

That's all guys!

Thanks for reading my review,
Jesslyn



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...