Balance



Hey guys,

After my break from blogging, it made me think about how hard it can be to balance your life and blogging.

I'm a 'go with the flow' kind of girl but I also like my life to be structured and that comes with having a routine.
I was so used to being able to blog frequently whilst keeping up to date with uni work but as soon as I missed a week of being up to date, catching up was super hard.
I immediately pushed blogging to the side because I felt like it was important or wasn't 'top priority'.

As I saw emails coming through and lovely people commenting on my blog, I felt so bad that I wasn't able to balance the two things I enjoyed doing.

So here are a few tips on how to keep that balance!

1. Get a diary. This was one of the main reasons why I didn't have organisation. My 2014 diary obviously came to an end so I was using my academic diary to jot down all the things I needed to do and it slowly became a mess.
I prefer week to week view because I see an overview of the whole week and make sure there's a good balance.

2. Priortise the important things. This goes hand in hand with the diary. Jot down all the things that have to be done and then you can pencil in all the things that you want to get done.
For example; 'type up essay' gets penned in before 'hour in the gym'.

3. Exercise. I know it may seem weird to take time out to exercise but I tell you, it helped so much.
I'm not saying hit the gym everyday but I felt that going to the gym at least twice a week helped clear my mind.

4. Set goals. This is a good way of being able to say 'I've completed A & B, so C can be done tomorrow'. If you know what you want done is getting done, you'll feel at ease.
Setting goals helps you realise how much needs to get ticked off the list.

5. Take a break. In my case, a blogging break was a must, you can't take a break from uni work so it was my only choice.
When you have the chance to have fun or have a nice relaxing dinner, take it!


So those are my 5 tips on how I try and keep a balanced life, it's so hard when you have a lot to do.
However, if you take the time to evaluate, you'll feel way better.

That's all for today guys!

Jesslyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...