How I Grew My Natural Nails





A year later and my nails are as strong as ever. 
When I first had my acrylics removed this time last year, I knew they would grow long but not necessarily healthy. Even if they did, it would be well over year before they start looking good. 
I was wrong, after about 6 -8 months my nails were strong and growing longer than ever.
The 6 months post-acrylic removal was the hardest, my nails were splitting, very thin and very, very brittle, I hated polishing them but that was the only way to keep them from breaking. They were very bumpy when I polished them because my nails kept splitting.
I used a DIY Cuticle Oil (will do a separate post on how to make it!) and it's worked wonders, it has wheatgerm and lavender essential oil in it, which strengthens the cuticles and nails and keeps them moisturised. I was very religious with the cuticle oil, every time I put my hands in water, I applied it straight after, in the morning when I woke up and at night before I slept. Also, I made sure to use it every time I polished or removed polished from my nails.

Another thing that helped a lot, is the Collection 2in1 Longer and Stronger Nails Base Coat, I use it by itself or underneath a polish. It's kept my nails from breaking and the versatility means I don't have to use a million and one products on my nails.

I didn't actually do much to get my nails healthy, I think less is more however my nails grow very fast anyway so the damaged parts of my nail grew out fast enough for me to be able to treat it.

I'm so glad I don't wear acrylics anymore, I'm not even tempted to get them done again because my nails are as long as they would be if I were to get them done. Also, I'm saving myself a lot of money by not regularly having them done.

Have you gone from fake nails to natural? Are you planning to?
I'd love to know!

Take care, Jess x

4 comments:

  1. Wow the results are amazing, especially as it's so affordable too xx

    Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely affordable, simplicity and patience is key too!
      Thanks for commenting Gemma!
      xo

      Delete
  2. It's great to see that a budget product is working so well for you! I completely agree about the whole less is more approach. I've managed to grow my nails really, really long a few times this year and one of the things I found that really helped was just being careful about wearing gloves when I was washing up and using cleaning products. Applying a hand cream before bed also works wonders.

    I always end up cutting my nails back really short in the end because they get so long and start to get in the way of everything and I can't take feeling helpless anymore! Haha!

    Hanna | www.missbeautysaver.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I totally understand where you're coming from, I've cut mine down many times because they got too long but I think I'm getting used it now! Can be mentally taxing keeping them long.
      Yes, wearing gloves and moisturising definitely help!

      Thanks for commenting Hanna
      xo

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...