Simple 'Kind to Eyes' Soothing Balm







The Simple eye cream bandwagon came and left and I'm now trying find the wagon to jump on. I'm not someone that falls for product hype because I'd rather buy products that I know could potentially work for me instead of seeing everybody else buy it and hope it works for me too.

I'm at that age where looking after your skin will determine what your skin will look like in 10 years. Your 20's are your free years, you want to be a free spirit and enjoy yourself but your body doesn't pause because you want to party. I am queen of allnighters, my brain is most creative at 2am, I love the extreme quiet and just being able to focus. It's all good until I've gone to sleep, woken up and my eyes look sunken in, dark with puffy eyelids.

I have hooded eyelids so I'm prone to puffy eyes, I've always disliked them, especially when I've got to leave the house 30mins after I've woken up!
This was the main problem that I wanted to fix.

This is where Simple's 'Kind to Eyes' Soothing Balm came into play.
I picked mine up from Superdrug for £3.99, which I thought was pricey for a 15ml tube. It's on sale now for £1.95 which is a more friendly price!

It consists of some good stuff, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Bisabolol and it has no artificial perfume/colour/harsh chemicals which is perfect for sensitive skin.
It says '. . . perfect blend of multi-vitamins and skin-loving ingredients to reduce puffiness, wind down and relax your tired eyes.'
Sounds great, doesn't it?

It instructs you to 'Apply morning and evening as a thin layer to your delicate eye area without massaging. Gently pat in until absorbed.' 
The 'gently' patting was what I found difficult to remember, I'm so used to pounding a beauty blender under my eye that I tend to forget that it's a very delicate area prone to stretching and causing creases.
I'm impatient also so patting until absorbed was annoying but I wanted it to work so I did as told.

After about 2 weeks of using it, I noticed my eyes were brighter, the crease under my eye wasn't so visible and my puffiness had reduced significantly.
The picture above was taken 30mins after I'd woken up and completed my morning routine. I applied the balm and my eyes look ready to tackle the day.

What I love is that, it reduces my puffiness, the ingredients are great, it doesn't irritate my skin or make my eyes feels heavy, it's very moisturising and it doesn't affect the way my concealer sits under my eye. I also love that it's a squeezy tube and not a roll on, I hate roll on products, I just think bacteria, bacteria, bacteria!

The not so greats bits are, the size of the tube and the price for that size. I'd still buy it for that price because I know it works and it's lasted long for me but I'd definitely prefer to buy it on sale.

So that's it guys, take care of those tired eyes and get you some soothing balm, I'd recommend it!
Have any of you tried it? What are your thoughts?


Take care,
Jesslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I appreciate all feedback.
I always reply so make sure you check back!

If you need me to reply urgently, please email me @ fashionsquash96@gmail.com or tweet me @JesslynJuly.

Jesslyn xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...